- Go Play with your Brother -- Well, it probably isn't the cheapest entertainment per say, but it certainly does the trick. Siblings add an instant playmate that is in-house!
- Sprinkler Park -- our local community has one of these and it is great. I mostly love it because it cools the kids off plus it is way safer than a pool so I might actually be able to get a little summer reading in for myself.
- Buckets -- I think my boys are little Dozers from Fraggle Rock. I give them a bucket and they are entertained just by seeing what all they can put into it. Use them outside for collecting rocks or other things from nature. Inside they fill them up with blocks, cars, whatever they can find and then dump them out and repeat the process. Sounds kind of boring to me, but they are entertained.
- Books -- Always a good choice either at home or a visit to your local library and their reading programs
- Old Electronic Equipment -- for some reason we still have old computer parts, old cell phones, and broken remotes. Cameron loves these way more than his colorful toys that makes sounds.
This list is ever growing. I'm of course scouring Pinterest while I can to get ideas to keep my boys occupied for the summer. Keep on the look out for my upcoming posts on a Summer Schedule & Bucket List.
Head on over to Growing up Geeky to see what other moms are doing to keeping their little ones entertained and wallets not drained!